Whitelisting Forensic Email Collector in Google Workspace
Google Workspace allows administrators to restrict access to specific Google Workspace services. If a service is restricted, users cannot authorize third-party applications to access that service unless the specific app had already been trusted.
You can add Forensic Email Collector to the trusted apps list as follows:
- Visit the Google Admin console of the target organization — https://admin.google.com/
- Navigate to Security ➫ API controls
- Click on the MANAGE THIRD-PARTY APP ACCESS button
- Open the Configure new app menu and choose OAuth App Name or Client ID
- In the window that opens, search for FEC's Google API client ID. If you do not know what FEC's client ID is, please get in touch with our support.
Note: It is also possible to find FEC by searching for Forensic Email Collector. If you choose this option, you should still verify that the OAuth client ID listed on step 7 below matches that of FEC, and that the Forensic Email Collector application is listed as verified by Google.
- From the list of found apps, select Forensic Email Collector
- On the next screen, check the OAuth client ID for FEC—the same value as you used in step 5 above.
- On the next screen, select Trusted: Can access all Google services and click the CONFIGURE button.
- End-users can now use FEC Remote Authenticator to authenticate.
- After the acquisition is complete, revisit the App Access Control page by clicking the MANAGE THIRD-PARTY APP ACCESS button and remove Forensic Email Collector from the list of trusted apps.